- University of Arizona
- Genetics Graduate Interdisciplinary Program (Summer 2021-Current)
- JAE Intro Scholarship
- Estación Biológica de Doñana (EBD-CSIC, Seville) 10/2020-02/2021
- UIMP-CSIC (Spain)
- MSc in Biodiversity of Tropical Areas and its Conservation (2020)
- Universidad de Salamanca
- BS Biology (2018)
I am a passionate naturalist. Following my interests, I graduated in biology and completed a MSc in biodiversity and conservation of tropical areas. During my studies, I had the opportunity to discover and learn about several groups of animals and plants. Meanwhile, I became particularly interested in mammals. The huge diversity of bats and rodents soon caught my attention, and I dedicated my BSc and MSc theses to these amazing groups. During my BSc I studied the communities of bats in Mediterranean forests of Spain, and for my MSc I got the opportunity to go the Sahara to study the awesome Saharan jerboas (Jaculus spp.). This last project introduced me both to genomics and the study of desert wildlife. I am now continuing this line of work in the Culver Lab, where I will do my PhD. As part of the Baja GeoGenomics project, I will investigate how past geological changes in the Baja California Peninsula shaped the genomic spatial patterns that occur nowadays in different species. In particular, I will be studying the population genomics of a species of rodent (Neotoma bryanti) and one cactus (Stenocereus gumosus), and I will collaborate in the annotation of the genome of a lizard (Urosaurus nigricaudus). All of them are widespread across the Baja Peninsula.
- N. Revilla-Martín, P. Alonso-Alonso, J. Sereno-Cadierno, C. Llanos-Guerrero, L. Hernández-Tabernero, M. Lizana-Avia. Call for caution: monthly bat occupation of two tunnels crossed by a hiking route in Western Iberia . Journal of Bat Research and Conservation (Under review).
- A. Calatayud-Mascarell & P. Alonso-Alonso. 2020. First record of Epicadus taczanowski (Roewer,1951) (Araneae: Thomisidae) from Costa Rica. Revista Ibérica de Aracnología. 36: 167-168.
- P. Alonso-Alonso, X. Salgado-Irazabal, M. Pabijan, M. L. Mohamed Hacen, A. Qninba, H. Bousadik, & Z. Boratynski. 2020. Bird records in the Diawling N.P. and surrounding areas, Mauritania. Go-South Bulletin 17:75-86.
- X. Salgado-Irazabal, P. Alonso-Alonso, I. Melcore, & Z. Boratynski. 2020. Mammals and birds from Oued Draa and Oued Chebeika, Morocco. A field survey report . Go-South Bulletin 17: 65-74.
- C. Ibáñez, R. Novella-Fernandez, P. Alonso, & P. T. Agirre-Mendi. 2018. New Longevity Record for the Mediterranean horseshoe Bat (Rhinolophus euryale Blasius,1853). Journal of Bat Research and Conservation 11 (1): 80–82. doi:10.14709/BarbJ.11.1.2018.09.